Bahasa Indonesia @indolessons.com
In this lesson we will:
- learn how to talk about family
- learn how to use adjectives to describe people
- learn how to describe personality and physical attributes
- learn about Indonesian pronunciation
- Discuss Indonesian family settings
Watch and discuss videos about Indonesian families
Read texts, learn new conversational phrases and complete exercises about families
Ask and answer questions about family
Learn and practise Indonesian numbers
Watch and discuss video clips to support our learning
Online Kahoot! activity
Do some grammar exercises
- Personal pronouns, terms of address and possessive pronouns
- Syntax: Noun-Adjective
- Numbers 11-100
- Conjunction: dan
Can you answer these questions?
Tinggal di mana?
Berasal dari mana?
What's the Indonesian greeting for:
saying good bye
What's the terms of address for:
adut female (married)
adult male (married)
young (unmarried) female
young (ummarried) male
Do you remember about these Indonesian cultural aspects?
Keluarga saya My family
Sudah berkeluarga? Do you have a family?
Istri saya namanya... My wife's name is...
Suami saya namanya... My husbands name is...
Anak saya namanya... My child's name is...
Anak saya umurnya ... tahun My child is .... years old
Let's learn more about how to describe family in Indonesian:
Let's practise talking about family.
Do you know who Jokowi is?
Let's watch an excerpt of a video about Jokowi (0-45s).
We will watch it several times.
For the first view, try to notice:
1. Where he comes from
2. How many siblings he has
Watch the video again and complete the following cloze exercise.
1. ... Joko Widodo
2. Ini ... kisah masa muda saya, sewaktu memulai perjalanan hidup.
3. Ini saya waktu ....
4. Saya ... dari Kota Solo, Jawa Tengah.
5. Saya ... sulung dari ... bersaudara.
6. ... ... saya semuanya perempuan.
7. Saya berasal dari ... biasa.
How did you go? Can you answer the questions below?
Which word in line 1 means I am
Which word in line 2 is the verb to be
Which phrase in line 4 means the City of Solo
Which phrase in line 4 means Central Java
Which phrase in line 5 means eldest child
Which phrase in line 5 means siblings
Which phrase in line 6 means younger sibling
Which phrase in line 6 means girl
Which phrase in line 7 means normal family
Numbers: Count to 100
1. starting from 0, count to 100 in 11 increments.
2. Then, count down from 100 in 9 increments.
Now it's your turn!
1. Write a paragraph about your family - no more than 120 words.
Use some of these phrases to help you.
Umur saya ... tahun
Saya tinggal di...
Saya (adjective) dan (adjective)
Saya punya ...anak.
Nama suami/istri saya...
Nama putra/putri saya...
Umurnya ... tahun
Dia (adjective) dan (adjective)
Dia sekolah di...
Dia bekerja di...
2. Share with class.
3. Listen to your classmate's presentation, take notes if necessary. Teacher will ask some of these questions:
- Berapa umurnya...
- Berapa umurnya suami/istri/anak Bu/Pak...
- Keluarga Bu/Pak ... tinggal di mana?
- Sekolah/bekerja di mana...?
Watch a video about Elly's family.
You might not understand everything just yet, but take notes of what you do understand and discuss with class.
Let's learn about Indonesian verb types.
Pages 9 & 10 from our grammar reference.
Let's login to Kahoot! and test our knowledge.
Ayo kita riset dan diskusikan dengan kelas!